Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nook

Em in the Sun Em in the Sun
Em in the Sun Em in the Sun
Em in the Sun Em in the Sun

        On my last day in Seattle L and I went to this little breakfast place called Nook. We had been trying to go there for a while, but they have the oddest hours! Plus, they close as soon as they sell out of their biscuits, and boy are their biscuits popular (for good reason!). We managed to get ourselves up semi-early on Sunday morning and rush over there. We were not disappointed. We both ordered the breakfast biscuit which comes with egg, bacon, cheese (none for me of course), and tomato jam. The tomato jam is killer. Their biscuits are fluffy, buttery, and oh so tasty. Now I am not from the south, in fact, aside from living in Georgia for two years while I was in kindergarden, I have never even been to the south. I cannot speak with the expertise of those who have tasted true southern biscuits, but Nook's biscuits were darn good! We sat at a little window booth eating our breakfast, completely content. The shop is this tiny place run by only two people, the baker/chef, and the cashier. If you have a chance, I highly suggest stopping by. Just make sure you are early because they sell out of their biscuits fast!

1 comment:

  1. That place looks really good! I will have to go there if when I make it up to Seattle! Where is this place located? -Sarah

    ReplyDelete